Exploring the God Question
Sat 1 Mar, 2014 at 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Highfields Church, Cardiff CF24 4QW
- Does science leave space for God?
- Could our universe have invented itself?
- Could life be self-assembled?
- Does the human mind provide evidence for God?
- What happens when we die?
- What do we believe about life, the universe and everything?
Exploring the God Question is a brand new resource that asks the question: does the evidencefrom science point to us being the product of chance or intention? It helps churches and Christians to explore and weigh up the arguments in a fairly expressed manner and in the light of the wonders of our existence, as revealed by science.
The resource is being launched in Wales in two stages:
1. Exploring the God Question – the Event: This event will feature key programme contributor and author, Professor John Lennox, and also highlights from the international TV series: ’The God Question’. This event will be a great way to celebrate St David’s Day – we are sure St David would have been greatly uplifted by it as well!
- St David’s Day, Saturday, 1 March 2014 at 7.30pm
- Highfields Church Centre
- Monthermer Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4QW
- NB. Parking is limited, so best to travel together in cars, if possible.
2. Exploring the God Question – the DVD Study Series: This is the DVD resource that gives you a unique opportunity to journey with renowned scientists and philosophers from both sides of the debate, that bring alive for you the cosmos, the natural world and the hidden depths of the mind and consciousness.
CICC will be following the event with a series of Science and Faith Cafe’s in The Gate Arts Centre, Cardiff, and you can either attend that study series with your interested friends, or run your own series in your church or local Cafe. All the materials you will need will be available at the Event, or you can order online after the event from the ‘Exploring the God Question‘ website.
As usual, please encourage your church, home group, youth group, friends and family to attend this one-off opportunity with Professor John Lennox. You can book tickets below – remember, it is most efficient if you purchase tickets for your group in one go!
To help you publicise this you can download a Poster/ flyer here, or email email@example.com and we will post you the number you require. Also, to include in your announcements on Sundays, download the Powerpoint Slide.
DOWNLOAD: Powerpoint Slide
John Lennox BIOGRAPHY
Read Article: Time to Stop the God Delusion – by Gethin Russell-Jones
The cost of the event is £6 (£3 for students, or those with limited means). Please register by selecting the quantity below, and then click ‘Add to Cart’, and you will move directly to the Cart and then Checkout. You can pay via Paypal or via Card. You will receive an email that shows your Order is Complete, and your ticket is attached to that email as a pdf.
(NB. CICC policy is for events to be accessible to all. If, for some reason, you are unable to afford the price of any event, but would want to attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will register you manually).