Two Short Weekends. Adult Course on Biblical Hebrew for Beginners. Cardiff.
Sola Scriptura – Hebrew Insights Course for Beginners.
Why bother studying the Hebrew Scriptures, and the Biblical Hebrew language?
Well, not sure whether you know, but Martin Luther (1483-1546) helped birth a revolution of mind, heart, society and language, and set European culture on a new trajectory, by his passion for the ancient biblical languages, and by his desire to put God’s Word into the language of the ordinary person and into the hands of ordinary people.
Luther thought of the biblical languages as ‘the sheath in which the sword of the Spirit is contained’. We understand with hindsight that Luther was a flawed historical figure, with shortcomings that grew over the course of his life. He was nonetheless responsible for an intellectual and spiritual revolution of the highest order, the impact of which outlives his limitations. (To read fuller details about Luther’s story, download it here).
We believe that every generation and every community needs disciples like that, who know the very roots of the gospel, and so this is an opportunity for you to get a taster! This short course is planned for beginners, so join the amazing learning journey, and see what you discover!
- Days: 2 Weekends, Friday evening and all day Saturday
- Dates: 9-10 February and 9-10 March 2018
- Times: 7.30 to 9.30pm Fridays; 10am to 5.00pm Saturdays
- Venue: Cardiff (to be confirmed)
- Cost: £80 for the ten session course
- Tutor: Paul Hocking, CICC Director
All materials and refreshments are included, though we will recommend books for further study, and meals to be purchased individually.
(If you are keen to benefit from this course, but this option is not good for you, then please email us, and we can see whether others also are interested in another option).
The Ten Sessions are outlined below.
- What’s in a Name? Getting to know you
- Jot and Title – the Hebrew Aleph-Bet
- Deep Reading
- Going with the Flow – Texts
- This and That – Nouns and Adjectives
- Doing and Being – Verbs
- How does God write?
- Finishing with a Bang – the Hebrew Canon
You can download here a more detailed Curriculum.